The Customs Creator

Hi!  I'm Christa. I just turned 38 years old (my husband introduces me as his wife that's almost 40...), and I've been addicted to making things since I can remember.

At 5, it was paper dolls on the floor of my mom's sewing room. Then it was weaving looms and friendship bracelets. At 9, I convinced my mom to teach me to sew - my first project was a pink drawstring tote bag. My college years forced me to put the sewing machine away for awhile ... Dorm rooms are too small to double as sewing studios. You should have seen the ridiculous ways I found to continue creating throughout college, though. Crafty term projects, elaborate birthday cards, whatever small projects I could find.

A couple years after I got married, my love of sewing reawakened. For the last several years, I've been exploring different ways to create high quality creations, offer them for fair prices, and mostly just support my crafting habit by developing a small business to sell custom crafts.  I am currently accepting commissions for  the following things:
  • Custom Sewing Projects - mostly children's apparel and home decor
    I'm also proficient in most apparel needs and alterations)
  • Custom Machine Embroidery - my most popular items are children's birthday appliques and Christmas stockings
  • Custom Vinyl Creations - I can use vinyl to customize lots of things - metal tumblers, wine glasses, signs, walls, and much more!
  • Custom Vinyl Shirts - I can create custom designs for individual graphic tees...and I can also accommodate group orders!  
Like I said before, I work hard to maintain my equipment and purchase high quality materials and low prices, so that  I can offer my customers competitive prices and trustworthy products.

I think one thing about small business that makes it special is knowing that you are investing directly into someone's life.  When you purchase from me, you're enabling our family to have a bit of wiggle room in our budget....and you're giving my need for creativity an opportunity to thrive. 

So since you're investing in me...here's a bit more for you to know!

I've been married to Luke for (almost) 13 years....and we love to have fun together!  Marriage is a great adventure, and a constant challenge to learn and grow from one and another, that only gets better over time.  I'm so thankful for my husband and the way he loves me and our four kiddos.

Yep! 4 kiddos!  We have 3 boys and a girl, ranging in ages of 17 months to 6.5 years.  We are a homeschooling family, and we love participating in Classical Conversations as the "Foundation" (haha, pun) for our curriculum and planning.  Luke is an Air Traffic Controller with a crazy swing work schedule, so homeschooling gives us the scheduling flexibility to enable him to be present and involved in the lives of our kids.

We are an adventurous family!  We take big vacations every year, and try to squeeze in as many adventures in between as possible.  Our last vacation put 2400 miles on our van....and we only visited 3 states!

I would love to periodically use this blog to do more than just sell you stuff.  I want to give you a window into my world.  Let me know what you want to know!  Leave a comment, and tell me what we have in common!

Comments